![]() |
| Ha! More like 6 hours; I left at 10:15 a.m. and stopped once to refuel. |
![]() |
Yessiree, this was a long haul. It was the same route I took when I traveled to Foxboro, MA and Normandy Farms for the Hudson Islander's rally. Only the Saco KOA was another 2 hours further northeast. Tomorrow, to complete my journey, I'll have just a 2+ hour, 120 mile trip. The drive was uneventful, light to moderate Saturday traffic. The diesel refueling was expensive; $2.539/gal in Connecticut and the weather very conducive for a comfortable drive with temps remaining about 70° all the way. I'll need another fuel stop tomorrow; Averaging 15 mpg, I can go about 260-270 miles on a tank, which I think is very good.
This campground, as usual for a KOA, is clean, well-maintained and well staffed with young, friendly staff. Here's what they have to say for themselves:
"We are situated less than four miles from Old Orchard Beach, Maine and close to the beautiful harbor front city of Portland and the quaint towns of Kennebunkport, Ogunquit, Wells and York. Near our campground, among the fresh Maine air, tall pines and colorful flowers, you will find lighthouses, beaches, whale watching, amusement and water parks, fishing, biking, hiking, kayaking, canoeing and of course, shopping! We have a site and something for everyone, so come join us!"
I've decided to combine this blog with the two day stay when I return this way on Saturday. 9/16, I'll be going to Fishermans State Park in Narragansett, RI on my way home and see my granddaughter, Sara. I'll add more then. The map of the campground shows my site, #66, right at the beginning of the campground and near the registration building.
Greetings. It's Saturday, 9/16, and I'm here just for the two overnights before I travel to Narragansett, RI. I'm now on site 11.
The site is perfect. No need to extend the awning as the surrounding trees provide all day shade. What's wrong with this site (as is the case so many times for RVers) are the neighbors. In the cabin behind me there's two families sharing and one of the younger girls communicates by screaming. To get attention, to express anything, she screams such a high pitched scream you'd think death was imminent...constantly. Never heard a special needs child with that dysfunctional affliction or syndrome. Mother's constant yelling and screaming probably doesn't help the situation. Then there's my "pet peeve", dogs (pun intended). Granted every RVer as at least one; some, four. I also understand their need to have one. But every now and again...and those times are getting more frequent it seems...you get one that barks. Okay, even barking is all right. Hell, they can't talk and I'm not talking about the "woof, woof", "arf, arf" kind. Rather, its the vicious, pre-attack snarling bark at another dog being walked past the site. It's a very disconcerting sound/feeling to know that if that dog ever got loose there would be a dog fight and damage was about to be inflicted on dog and/or owner. This rant isn't the result of a one-time occurrence, of course.
Anyway, the weather is perfect. Just now getting overcast but temps are in the 70's, very unusual for this time of the year in Maine I'm told.





No comments:
Post a Comment