| As you enter Searsport, Maine, you cross over the Passagassawakeag River Bridge. This river empties into Belfast Bay which, in turn empties into Penobscot Bay. |
| Looking north up the river. I'm glad you asked.The waterway's name is of local Indian origin and is believed to mean "a sturgeon's place" or "a place for spearing sturgeon by torchlight." |
As I wrote the origin of the Passagassawakeag River's name I was immediately thrown back to last year and the blog I wrote. "This sounds familiar" says I. You can read about 2017 here, if you want. For that reason, I'll save you from the boring details. This is my fifth year traveling to this area. My first year's experience with Maine and visiting cousins John and Barbara can be read here for 2014. I stayed at Searsport Oceanfront RV park. The next year, here at Moorings. The 2015's blog here. and 2016's trip is here. and 2017 is linked above. Ha! All done. Note to self: "Who cares?" Maybe Barbara and John.
Some random photos to save me "a thousand words" for this year's remembrances.
| Two beauties in a rig down the road. |
| My guess: older on left; offspring on right. |
| A monster truck pulling a monster 5th wheel complete with balcony on side and in rear. |
| Next door neighbor taking advantage of the magnificent view by pulling into site front end first. |
| Winnie sitting on "the best site in the park," site #1 facing Belfast Bay. |
| Site was enhanced and enlarged. In this climate, grass will take it's time growing. |
| The view from "my front yard." This is actually Belfast Bay which eventually empties into Penobscot Bay which, in turn empties into the Atlantic. |
| What my kids thought I was buying when I said I was going to get an RV. |
| Should've seen the look on their faces when they saw the 25' Class C I purchased. |
Late-afternoon on Monday, I listened to Mother Nature as she upped the wind speed. The chop in the Bay was increasing and looking ominous. Even though I had my awning tied down on both ends, the gusts that rocked the RV hinted that caution should prevail. Hangings from the awning were removed and brought inside, chairs folded and covered and beginning precisely as predicted, 9:00 pm, the rains came. The light pitter-patter increased to a "cat and dog" downpour and lasted the night and provided me with my favorite sound, that of rain on my fiberglass roof. One piece, water tight roof construction went far to relax me. With the temperature down to 65°, it was a cozy sleeping night.
Tuesday morning's continuing rain made me wonder what all the RV dog owners (about a million of them) do about that "morning walk." It all stopped around ten and out they came. One had four to deal with. Now, as I await my cousins, John and Barbara, from Northport to pick me up for dinner at their place, I see the fog is rolling in and visibility is about a hundred yards and decreasing.
More blogging coming tonight after dinner. See you soon.

This looks like a campground I would love to visit. Do you think our 38 ft would fit on site 1?
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your time in Maine
Absolutely and you'd love the nearby coastal towns of Searsport, Camden and Belfast. Lots of goings on during the "season." They're winding down now but space is limited; lots of 'seasonal' folks. All the rigs are h-u-g-e! They begin booking in November.
Delete