St. Augustine KOA 2/25/19 Overnight

This overnight stay is my first of five layovers on my way back north. At 1:30, I took a driving and lunch break with a mini-detour off of I-95 at Exit 256 in Port Orange.  I've got great memories from the past here in the Port Orange area. About five miles further east over the Dunlawton Bridge lies Daytona Beach Shores. A good friend, Mya and family, formerly of Yorktown moved here years ago and I visited them all the years I stayed at the Emerald Shores Hotel in Daytona Beach Shores. I've known her for more than fifteen years. Today, I chanced her being free for lunch and she was. Taking time off from work (her lunch hour) she, Mark and son, Zane, treated me to lunch at The Half Wall, a restaurant and craft beer bar. With more driving ahead of me I had to pass on trying some of the 108 selections. It was very near the same time last year that I passed through to see them. If you weren't part of the readership at that time, click on the link of  My last visit here. It about my trip southward and guaranteed to be more interesting and exciting than this overnight stay...because this all I'm writing. By the way, if you take me up on clicking on the link, when you get to the bottom, click on NEWER POSTS and continue with my stay in Port Orange. Meanwhile my next blog will describe my visit with another long time friend(s), Roger and Wendy. See you South Carolina..

l. to r. Zane, Mya, Mark, Moi























  
Zane's Bacon Burger. And...
he ate all his broccoli. Good boy!!






As soon as I saw Zane's burger, I thought of my favorite food meme.








4 comments:

  1. RVing? Restaurant Voyeur!!! Love it Charlie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Charlie, giving it a whirl. Let's see if it goes through. Love the photo of Winnie, all set up for a G&T when the sun goes down or as the sun goes down. Friend and family look great too, not to mention the menu samplings."Be honest. Is this too much?" Not unless you haven't eaten in three days because it probably represents 3 days worth of calories. Nice to meet up with former friends from the area. You know, I once heard that Jupiter, Fl., actually has a Peekskill Club made up of … well former Peekskillians. There are so many people from the north now living down in Florida that I wonder how the Sunshine State makes room for all of them. But it does! Well, this is short. Feeling blue over Ed so I have no startling realizations about life to let loose on the world except...enjoy every minute of it! See you soon, friend Stella ps/I'm going down to Florida in April to see my brother Joe and family. He's always trying to get me to make th move but I keep resisteing. I told him what he has to understand is that I'm a clothes person. That is, I like living where you put clothes on, not take thm off. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI, I think it went through. It says comment will be visible after approval. Hmmmmmmm. Didn't use any cuss words. OK, one thing, while I was typing away, once I got past a few lines, I couldn't see what I was typing within the typing window, if you know what I mean. So, I don't know how coherent or grammatically correct it is which worries me. This is the first time here and I want to make a good impression and all. I think I said loose when I meant unloose, and things like that. Oh well. Also note that my email address, ziggyandlulu2 is an old one. I'm still at the stellajo7 one. Well over and out. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely too much lettuce. Say, "Hi!" To Wendy & Roger for me. M

    ReplyDelete